Sunday, October 21, 2012

Camping

Hello! I just got back from a camping trip in Highland Forest with HLACNY (Home Learner's Association of New York State). It was real fun. We all went on hikes, and looked for letterboxes. There was one thing I didn't like, though. The bathrooms were down a hill, and a short walk. It doesn't sound like much, but when you did that about three times a day, it was very tiring. Add in the walk up the hill, and that is VERY tiring. Well, there was an out house, but it was disgusting and stinky. (I'm sure some of you can agree.) There was a meteor shower while we were there, and I saw 5 meteors (just barely the 5th one). To get there, we had to ride in the back of someone's car, and we were SQUISHED!!!!!! (It was worth it, though). On the first night, there was a thunderstorm, and I can't sleep during t-storms, so some of us got up and played Apples to Apples, and then by 12:00 we were all in bed.  The second day, me and a few of my friends ( Dan, Sean, and Michael) played Cat-opoly. Next camping trip, I'm bringing Horse-opoly. Anyway, we played that for a while, from 7:50AM until 10:00 AM, then we all wanted to go outside. It was chilly, but there was a fire (in a fire pit). That night, our friend Miss Gabby taught me and my friends Eve and Emily how to play Mahjong ( I don't know if I even spelled that right).  By the way, my legs hurt from all that hiking and bathroom trips. We had campfire cones for dessert on Saturday night (only me, my mom, Miss Gabby, Macy, and Mandy). They are simply ice cream cones with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and other toppings, wrapped in tin foil, and roasted by the fire. For more info on HLACNY,  visit their website- http://www.hlacny.com . They have a lot of cool field trips!

3 comments:

  1. I think I made the bathroom trip like 10 times per day. It was a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still sore from all those bathroom trips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So am I. Well, not really. I've gotten over it.

    ReplyDelete