Monday, March 4, 2013

Books, books, and MORE books!

Well, I read A LOT, so here are some of my favorites... (The order is just how I happened to think of them.)

1-'Winning Balance' by- Shawn Johnson, Olympic Gold medalist. (Gymnastics)



2- 'I, Q'- By-Roland Smith (VERY exciting. The Secret Service, CIA, and FBI are in this book. For people who like suspense. Aimed toward middle schoolers) There is more books in the series.



3- 'Soul Surfer' by- Bethany Hamilton (Very inspiring! Loved it!)



4-'Extra Credit' By Andrew Clements (Really shows the difference in life between the US and the Middle East.)



5- 'Island of the Blue Dolphins' by- Scott O'Dell (Very well written! Sad when the girl's brother dies.)
I read this in 5th grade.


6- 'Mara, Daughter of the Nile' by-Eloise Jarvis McGraw (Very intriguing! Set in Ancient Egypt. I reccomend this mostly for a girl, but a boy could read it too. This one I read in 7th grade)




Okay, people, only 4 MORE!!

7-' Golden Goblet' also by Eloise Jarvis McGraw, and also set in ancient Egypt. This one I reccomend for boys and girls. (7th grade)



8- 'Mystery of History' by- Linda Lacour Hobar (This is a history book, but it is written like stories, not like a history textbook)



(I think there is more but I can't be sure...)

9-' A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver' By E.L. Konigsburg. I know, I've already mentioned it, BUT IT WAS A GOOD BOOK!!! (7th grade)



10- ' White Stallion of Lipizza' by Margurite Henry It was very good!







There. I'm all done. You can click on the pictures and buy the books on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment